Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Perfumed Body Powder

{DISCLAIMER} Not intended for the male species to read...

Do you put on body powder after your shower? I do. I use a puffy powder puff, and puff it all around my body, it's so nice. I put powder anywhere that might get er...sticky during the day...lol...armpits, back, thighs, it's the best in the summer especially because I don't like my chest skins to touch (yes I mean my boobs) when it's hot out, YUCK! BOOB SWEAT! it makes my underclothes feel SO soft, it's kind of luxurious. I also like to put some in my shoes (like dress shoes, or flats) when I'm not wearing socks, makes my feet nice and dry and soft :)

I haven't always been a wearer of body powder...never even gave it a second glance. But my mom is, and has been for as long as I can remember. Something else about my mom...she smells like heaven...always. It wasn't until this last Christmas that I realized why (besides her natural sweetness) when she mentioned to Santa's helper (that would be me, I'm in charge of relaying messages to the man who makes the magic happen at Christmas...aka my dad) that she was almost out of her Estee Lauder "beautiful" body powder. She wears perfumed body powder! That's how come she smells soooooo good, and so does her pillow, and clothes, and when I hug her, it's so...good!

So, since perfumed body powder is expensive, and I don't have moolah to be a throwin around where it needn't, I set out to make some myself. I read a few methods from different places, and came up with this one that works pretty good for me. I have been smelling good for months now! Here's how I did it...

You'll need:
-a cotton ball
-a glass jar with a lid (not pictured above...forgive me)
-your favorite perfume (Mine is Calvin Klein Euphoria, a V-day gift from the hubbs a couple years ago)
-some shower to shower, body powder (I got mine at the dollar store, it's "scented" but that doesn't matter because the perfume will be stronger)
-Something cute to keep it in (could be a tin, a paper mache round box ...I've seen them at the craft store) I got my glass jar from downeast for $2...lucky I know

STeP 1: Drench your cotton ball in perfume (I used 30-40 sprays)

STeP 2: Place the cotton ball in the bottom of the jar and dump the body powder in after it, leave a little room at the top so you can shake it...

STeP 3: Put the lid on tight and shake it...really shake it.
STeP 4: Let it sit for 10-14 days, shake it up a bit every day,
this is the hardest part, to let it "cure"
Then put it in your pretty glass jar and use it...you'll love it! And you'll smell like heaven too!
I don't even put on perfume anymore, I just have a subtle yummy smell about me...just ask my hubby!

8 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwesome!!!! What a genius Idea!! I love it! i'm going to have to do that for sure!! i have never used baby powder but I should! It makes your skin feel so nice and not so dry and itchy! Yuck! And you smell DELISH!!! I should have gotten one of those fancy, cute glass containers while we were at downeast! Someday maybe! I would love to smell heavenly! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...this may sound weird....but I never really knew about body powder, duh! What a great idea! oh my goodness. Thank you so much for this post. It seems so luxurious and lovely. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother use to have this nasty bowl of smelly powder that I never understood what it was for. I can see the use for it now! Brilliant! Do you think it would work with a body spray?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....Something I would like to try out. I remember using powder in High School. I love the idea and could smell the freshness as I was reading :) thanks for the share!
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you soo much; what a nice tip! Instead of heavy spraying, can I directly dip the cotton ball into the perfume/cologne? :)

    ReplyDelete