Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ganache in the microwave!

WHAT is Ganache you ask? It's a chocolatey goodness made with chocolate chips and cream, and can be used in a variety of delicious ways. I LOVE ganache, and I like to do mine in the microwave because I only have to dirty one dish, and it takes all of a minute or two! Really!

I use Ganache primarily to frost chocolate cake or brownies, but you can also eat it warm with fresh strawberries, on top of ice cream, chilled, whipped, and piped onto cuppy-cakes, rolled into balls and dusted with cocoa or powdered sugar, like a truffle, or my personal favorite, just dig in with a spoon...can't help it!

So here's how you make it:
You'll need
2 cups chocolate chips (I use the "Ambrosia" semi-sweet from Costco...mmm...(any kind of quality chocolate chip would work, milk chocolate chip would work as well)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Start with your chips in a microwave safe bowl
pour on the cream, just like a bowl of cereal

nuke in the microwave 45 seconds, stir, then nuke another 30 seconds, then stir...
The warm cream will start to melt the chips, stir it up
keep stirring (it will look like it's not going to combine, but it will, and if you feel the need, you can microwave it for another 20 seconds or so
keep stirring...I know it looks lumpy and like something has gone terribly wrong, but keep stirring :)
and stirring...
And voila!!! Truly rich chocolate to use for whatever you please!

When I am going to frost a cake with it, I put it in the fridge fro a half an hour or so, but it would also be pretty poured on top of a bundt cake or something...or on top of ice cream, you know...whatev

It's my new go-to dessert topping! MMmmmmmmmmm!!!

4 comments:

  1. MMMMMM DELISH!!!! And so easy! Too bad I don 't eat much of that fancy stuff! maybe I will have to start now cuz that looks YUMMMMM-O!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'll be makin' that sister!! It's so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I love that its something you can just have memorized in your head. You don't even need to look for a recipe! AWESOME and EASY. LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS!

    ReplyDelete