Saturday, June 4, 2011

My favorite dress

pattern

I love to sew, BUT I don't do patterns, I make SIMPLE things with straight seams mostly and some other fun stuff, but I have been afraid of patterns, they never turn out right for me. Well, I decided I needed to get over it. I inherited some fabric from my Aunt Marilyn, she's a gem and saved me a TON of school teacher stuff when she retired, and some vintage fabric from the 1950's and such. So I fell in love with this fabric, and I had been saving this pattern for just the right material...I am SO proud of my accomplishment, PLUS this is not only the CUTEST dress I have ever seen, it is the MOST comfortable dress ever, I want to make like five more and wear one every day, it is so comfy and cute, talk about a double wammy!!!

I decided to make the straps a bit wider than the pattern said, and I added the ric rack :)
I love the colors in this dress so much!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I kind of covet this dress of yours, the fabric is amazing! That's it, I'm trying this pattern! I don't know if I can pull off the maxi dress but I want to try. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey I just bought this pattern about a month ago!!!! What a happy coincidence! Now I have a better idea of what it will look like!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful on you! I love the fabric especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress...Beautiful lady....Beautiful mommy! Sure do miss you (and Everett, too:) Have had so much fun tonight looking through all of the fun and creative things on your new blog! You are such an amazing and creative person. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. خدمات منزلية جيدة تحل لك الكثير من المشاكل المنزلية التي تكون مزعجة لكم مثل تسريبات المياه التي تظهر بالحوائط والاسقف وتحتاج الي
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام تكون متخصصة للحصول علي سبب التسريب بدون تكسير وتخريب فالتعامل مع
    شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام لديها خبرة كبيرة في التعامل مع مثل هذه الاشياء فهذا يحدث مع شركة ركن البيت التي تكون متخصصة في مثل هذه المجالات في السعودية لدينا اشهر المدن التي نقدم بها الخدمة وهي الرياض التي يمكنك التواصل معها من خلال شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض والتي تصل بكم الي قمة الاعمال في مثل هذه الخدمات فلدينا في شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض اهم الفنين والاجهزة الحديثة التي تساعدنا علي انجاز هذه المهام فمن الان لا تقلق بشأن التسربات التي توجد بالمباني الخاص لانك سوف تحصل علي خدمة جيدة

    ReplyDelete